POSITION: Genetic Farm Assistant Manager
JOB SUMMARY and KEY OBJECTIVES
The main objective for this job is to assist the manager in monitoring and caring for developer birds to help ensure a “clean” environment for the new generation of pedigree offspring. The individual will assist when required in response to emergencies, disease, daily tasks, vaccination etc.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS
- Check the houses, (water, lights, issues with birds … etc)
- Spread Shaving in houses
- Data collection and entry (Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Clean fans (inside and out), run scrapers
- Clean and disinfect house after flocks (pressure washing, scraping, and sweeping etc.)
- Keep entryway to houses clean
- Ensure proper biosecurity measures are being followed
- Grease the motors from scrapes, windows and feed augers
- Vaccination of birds per JJS veterinarian protocol
- Keep everything clean and in order inside and outside of house
- Assisting in weekend house care
- - Aid with other projects (ex. pedigree hatches, weighing’s etc.)
- Checking manure tanks and alerting waste management of issues
- Other tasks as requested from supervisor
REQUIRED EDUCATION & PREFERRED QUALIFICATION
- BS degree in poultry or agriculture field
- Exposure with managing in poultry environment a plus.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid CPT (Certified Poultry Technician) License
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Must be able to respond to farm emergencies, i.e. sick ducks, feed issues, no electric etc.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.