Productive Resources has been providing engineering services to some of the nation’s largest and most renowned companies for almost fifteen years. Our reputation for quality, teamwork, and innovative solutions keeps our clients turning to us to meet their engineering service’s needs. Our contacts and experience combined with your technical expertise equals career possibilities for you.
This opportunity is for an Embedded Software Requirement Engineer on site at our client. As an employee of Productive Resources, you will be responsible for delivering detailed embedded software requirements for specific subsystems/features. This will be accomplished by working directly with one of our software delivery team’s Subsystem Engineers, the subject matter expert. You will be responsible for writing the requirements in PREEvision, where you will ensure that they meet the requirement guidelines. In this role you will be required to understand the current software requirements, the current software, as well as the new software architecture. Once the requirements are written you will be responsible for reviewing them with key stakeholders to further refine/clarify the requirements.
· Creating embedded software requirements for software components defined in a subsystems software architecture.
· Review and understand the current software/requirements.
· Compare new and old requirements to ensure that all requirements are covered/captured in the new design.
· Conduct software requirements reviews and document results.
· Provide technical support to marketing, manufacturing, quality and supply management organizations.
· Develop and/or execute test or analysis plan for product verification and validation.
· Apply knowledge of company products, policies and practices to provide economies through standardization of parts and products.
No sponsorships are available for this opportunity.
· Excellent communicator, both verbal and written,
· Thrives on solving problems.
· Worked in a team environment.
· 4+ years of experience in authoring detailed embedded software requirements.
· 4+ years of experience with embedded software development for embedded microcontrollers in mobile applications.
· 4+ years of experience developing, reading and debugging C code.
· Experience working in mechatronics; this includes a solid understanding of electrical and electronics, hydraulics, and mechanical systems.
· Technical experience relating to design/diagnostics of mechanical/electrical/hydraulic systems.
· Product engineering experience.
· Experience taking high level requirements and designing production intent embedded software applications.
· Knowledge and understanding of vehicle networks and protocols (CAN, J1939, ISOBUS, LIN, etc.).
· Experience working with Model Based Software Design (MBSD) and/or system simulation (Matlab, Simulink, and Stateflow).
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Computer, Software Engineering or Computer Science.
If you are the right person, if you have the expertise we need, submit your resume now!