Are you an experienced Executive level leader for a manufacturer for capital equipment that sells through distributors?
As the VP & General Manager, you will research, develop, lead and execute the Division’s strategies to drive short and long-term organization goals for profitable business growth and global brand value.
• You will interface with key stakeholders to identify, develop, and lead short and long-term strategies that drive the Division’s success.
• You will explore new product opportunities and develop/lead short and long-term market strategies to expand the global reach and achieve long-term business objectives
• You will develop and manage sales and operational Key Performance Indicators, ensuring that continuous enhancement of products, quality, delivery, and cost containment objectives are met.
• You will champion change management initiatives targeted towards the Mission, Vision, and Values, while engaging, developing, mentoring and leading individual contributors to higher levels of performance.
• You will participate and provide business and financial analysis on trends, opportunities, and overall Divisional direction to continually move the organization forward.
• Education: An MBA in Business, Sales, Marketing, or related field; will consider a BS degree in a related field with proven leadership and management expertise.
• Experience: 7+ years of progressive senior business and leadership experience within an international mid- to large size manufacturing organization, selling large capital equipment, industrial products, or similar large revenue products through a dealer network.
• Functional Skills: Excellent strategic, organizational planning and executing skills; strong analytical skills with financial planning/cost containment experience; experience in formalizing and leading Key Performance Indicators and contingency plans that will drive the business is also important.
• Technology Aptitude/Skills: Excellent Microsoft Office Skillset; ability to learn and use in-house developed software programs is also essential.
• Language Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills; will interact with key customers, dealers, opinion leaders, as well as all levels of the organization to lead and facilitate a vision.
• Leadership/Behaviors: Natural curiosity to learn the business; what is working and where enhancements can help the company to grow. Understands the art of change management, getting buy-in, and leading with a connected vision. Position requires a collaborative, supportive, humble and genuine leader, who is highly organized, credible, accountable, and who can take reasonable risks and make sound business decisions. Uses a calm, goal-oriented, compassionate communication approach, yet is highly driven and results-oriented. Possesses a strength in interpreting large amounts of data, making strategic assumptions, and creating a solid business case on new initiatives is also important. Strong ability to influence key decision makers and yet listen and learn from a diverse group of people is also key. Can be innovative, and able to step outside of the box and propose new solutions, while also being compliance-oriented and self-directed. Flexibility and adaptability is also important for business dealings in various parts of the world.
• Culture Match Behaviors: Professional in appearance, customer-focused, intuitive thinker who can take a vision and facilitate a plan of execution.
Other Important Information:
Salary: Salary is commensurate with proven expertise.
This position is eligible for bonus & profit sharing! And, the compensation will grow as the team member grows!
Reports To: CEO
Direct Reports: Approximately 8
Travel: Approximately 30%