Wanted: Feed Formulator Major feed manufacturer is seeking a talented Feed Formulator to provide technical support to their sales team. This individual will direct the development and use of economical, quality ruminant and monogastric feeds and feeding programs as a member of the formulation team.
Reasons why the right candidate will love this job
- Work with a team of experienced nutritionists and formulators
- Growing company with career advancement opportunities
- Financially stable company
- Work with good systems
- Competitive salary, excellent benefits package & 401K
- Quality products
- Variety of tasks
- Variety of species
- Your responsibilities will grow as you grow in the role
- Daily maintenance, management and creation of custom dairy, beef and monogastric feeds.
- Design and evaluate ruminant and non-ruminant diets.
- Respond to questions regarding nutrition and management of multiple species, as well as products for ruminant and non-ruminant species.
- Develop and maintain relationships with university research, teaching and extension personnel, as well as peers within the feed and poultry and livestock industries.
- Attend regional and national technical conferences.
- Develop custom reports using spreadsheets and word-processing software.
- Assist Purchasing to evaluate existing and novel ingredient values and usage.
- Assist Feed Production with QA of ingredients and finished products.
- Ensure compliance with FDA regulations regarding feed additive drugs; review and maintain feed registration of feed products; maintain feed-labeling software.
MS in Animal/Dairy Science or 3 years experience as a feed formulator. Previous experience using least-cost feed formulation for multiple species is highly desirable.
- Technical knowledge of ruminant or monogastric nutrition or ration balancing.
- Able to communicate and work with management, fellow associates, customers and other outside groups in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to read, analyze and effectively present information to management, public groups, and teammates.
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.