About the Company
This Anaheim, CA manufacturing company sells a full line of high quality, high tech agricultural environmental control systems. Their specialty is manufacturing greenhouse and hydroponic environmental control systems, along with their accessories. They design their products to meet the high standards of exacting growers who require high yields as a return on their investment. To show the depth of their dedication to their customers, all of their products are backed by a minimum 1 year warranty. Whether the system is an outdoor greenhouse or an indoor grow room, this company will accommodate their customers with their fully programmable systems to meet all customer needs.
Sales Associates Job Summary and Description
The company’s leadership team needs a motivated, results-driven Outside Sales Associate to work with their domestic sales department. The successful candidate will have a strong technical background and understand what motivates customers to buy and know how to tap into those needs and desires in an effective way. The Sales Associate will be responsible for all of their personal sales.
This position identifies marketplace opportunities, prospects and engages new and existing clients, develops proposals, manages all aspects of the customer experience. The Sales Associate will be responsible for growing revenues through understanding the company’s objectives and the appropriate methodologies to address them, coupled with a strong client service ethic and ability to analyze and succinctly deliver winning proposals.
The Sales Associate’s primary responsibilities are to maintain existing relationships, cultivate new customer relationships and generate new business opportunities.
- Work with Marketing to ensure consistent lead generation
- Be proactive in the prospecting process
- Be active in the lead qualification process
- Participate in the weekly and/or monthly team meetings with all of the internal sales team and leadership
- Meet pre-determined revenue goals through personal sales
- Develop and implement new sales initiatives, strategies and programs to capture key demographics. Regularly use company’s CRM and other sales applications
- Maintain and expand customer base by building and maintaining rapport with key customers and identifying new customer opportunities.
- Hunter mentality who can build and manage a personal territory sales plan
- Willingness to travel, when required
- The ability to close new business and expand existing accounts
- Strong aptitude for electronic technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maintain professional appearance, three plus years of Business-to-Business sales experience while growing existing clients and creating new client business opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred; business and/or marketing majors is ideal.
- Background with horticulture, nurseries and commercial growers extremely beneficial
- Self-motivated, self-starter who operates with a sense of urgency and capable of working independently with minimal supervision.