POSITION: Developer (Pullet) Farm Manager
JOB SUMMARY & KEY OBJECTIVES
The main objective for this job is to monitor and care for developer ducks at the Sunbury facility. The individual will assist when required in response to emergencies, disease, daily tasks, vaccination etc.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Cloacal swabbing for Avian Influenza
- Daily care of ducks
- Alerting proper personal in the case of an issue
- Weekly weights for feed adjustments
- Running scrapers
- Clean and disinfect house after flocks (pressure washing, scraping, driving a skid loader etc.)
- Keep entryway to houses clean
- Ensure proper biosecurity measures are being followed
- Clean fans (inside and out)
- Grease the motors from scrapes, windows and feed augers
- Vaccination of birds per JJS veterinarian protocol
- Keep everything clean and in order inside and outside of house
- Coordinating and assisting in weekend house care
- Order correct feeds for flocks
- Aid with other projects (ex. pedigree hatches, weighing’s etc.)
- Checking manure tanks and alerting waste management
- Mowing/weed eating facilities
- Other tasks as requested from supervisor
REQUIRED EDUCATION & PREFERRED QUALIFICATION
- BS degree in poultry or agriculture field
- Exposure with managing in poultry environment a plus.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid CPT (Certified Poultry Technician) License
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Must be able to respond to farm emergencies, i.e. sick ducks, feed issues, no electric etc.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.