Post A Job
Jobs By Company
Keyword or Job ID
Product Development Engineer
Job Opportunity at
Posted on Feb 21
Are you an Engineer looking for an opportunity for growth with an excellent company?
As the Product Development Engineer, you will manage the product development process for new and existing product lines from conception through launch, with a focus on quality, cost, and timelines. This position will also support Sales, and the business, through product presentations, education/training, documentation, and product layouts and analysis.
• You will manage the product development for new and existing products from conception through launch, with a focus on stage gate validation and meeting timelines.
• You will develop and propose product analysis and costing, alongside the Product Manager, to determine go-to-market feasibility along with acceptable market pricing.
• You will support the Sales Development group by providing presentations, product education/training, equipment/product recommendations including layouts, product quotes, project proposals, and product analysis on new competitor products in the field (strengths/weaknesses).
• You will develop and maintain product support information (ie. technical sales data, product bulletins, etc), while also assisting in the creation and updating of product manuals, installation instructions, etc.
• You will network with potential and actual Dealer/Distributors, end users, integrators, influencers, and industry groups, out in the field and at trade shows, to learn about the market/products and to identify future customer/market needs.
Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics, Mechanical, or Agricultural Engineering or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
1-2 years of related experience preferred; Recent graduates will be considered and are encouraged to apply.
Understanding of equipment functionality with awareness of equipment that goes into industrial environments (production farms), sales channels, and manufacturing.
Agriculture or farm related equipment experience preferred.
Solid project management, analysis, and math skills are required to work a product through the process, meeting validation and timelines. Ability to provide suggestions/ideas towards strategic goals is also key.
Technology Skills: Ability to read and create drawings in CAD or other equivalent software for product layouts is required.
Good understanding of plastics metals, circuitry and related networking is a plus.
Ability to ask questions and seek out resources to help with project and self-development is critical.
Must be a team player who can take initiative, network, Influence and collaborate with Product Management, Sales Development, as well as clients/dealers.
Able to work independently and be extremely flexible in managing priorities and meeting due dates is also key.
Able to take risks and be assertive to move things along as they grow in the position would also be important characteristics for this role.
Culture Match: Conceptual thinkers who can take a vision and create better processes/solutions. Energetic, honest, and high ethical standards. Enjoys collaboration, being a team player, and leading/participating in continuous improvement processes.
Other Important Information:
Salary: Salary is commensurate with proven expertise.
And, the compensation will grow as the team member grows!
Reports To: Product Manager
Core Hours: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm (Some flexibility within this timeframe); daily critical meetings start at 8:45 am.
Typical Work Week: M-F; some Saturdays based on projects (when applicable); 45 hours a week on average
Direct Reports: None
Travel: Approximately 30% on average.
Terms of Usage
AgricultureIndustryNow.com is owned, operated, and copyrighted by Career Marketplace (© 2002-2019, All Rights Reserved)