Post A Job
Jobs By Company
Keyword or Job ID
Regional Manager - Grow-Finish Job Opportunity at
Continental Search and Outplacement, Inc.
Posted on May 3
A progressive family owned swine business, one of the top three swine producers in the Midwest that has been a leader in food production for over 25 years, is seeking talented people to help deliver high quality, safe & wholesome pork product to consumers. The position will focus on achieving stated goals and strategies to accomplish the vision and growth of the company. They have operations in several Midwestern states all providing an outstanding and professional work setting. This position is located in the State of Iowa.
Reasons why this is a great job for the right person:
One of the top three producers in the swine industry
Team oriented company that continually develops their people
Family owned and oriented
Leader in the food industry for over 25 years
Performance Based Pay System
Competitive salary, benefits and relocation assistance
Production and marketing results responsibility for 300,000 + swine finishing capacity based in the upper Midwest.
Direct supervision of a grow finish service management team responsible to ensure completion of stated goals in productivity, costs and employee measures.
Accountable for a system which strives to achieve second to none industry standards and achievements.
- Direct and lead the activities of a team of service managers to ensure;
- Scheduling efficiency
- Implementation of standard operating procedures
- Effective communication with CF’s production partners
- Identification of improvement areas and follow through
- Monitoring of key priorities ex pig placements, biosecurity, health, medication and vaccine usage, pig flow, manure management, marketing etc.
- Regular and accurate reporting of results and action plans
- Provides technical and leadership development to - new and existing service managers and monitors performance
- Liaises closely with Business Development personnel to review and decide the best options for current and future contractual relationships
- Works effectively with organizational partners responsible for providing inputs to the grow finish process ex feed mill managers, nutritionist, veterinarians, agronomy, transportation etc.
- Provides direct service management for approximately 20,000 spaces in the regional managers territory.
To be considered for this role:
Two or four year degree in an Agricultural related field is preferred.
Ten years previous swine experience with five + year’s experience in a service manager role (Grow-Finish) with proven strong, effective leadership experience or equivalent.
Extensive farm management experience is a plus.
Business accomplishments relative to Grow-Finish production
Demonstrate a high level of professionalism and leadership skills.
Ability to manage time and priorities in a fast paced changing environment is essential.
Effective communication skills and experience in exercising independent thinking and judgment required.
This individual will have the ability to use teamwork to promote excellence.
Ability to travel commensurate with position responsibilities
Terms of Usage
AgricultureIndustryNow.com is owned, operated, and copyrighted by Career Marketplace, Inc. (© 2002-2014, All Rights Reserved)