Support a group of distributors as they introduce silage and forage products to the Wisconsin market. New position! No cold calling. In this role, you ride with members of an established group of dairy sales reps who sell seeds or feed products to dairy producers in central and southern Wisconsin and northern Illinois providing the technical expertise to support product sales.
- Provide technical information on products
- Speak at producer meetings, explaining the value proposition of your products
- Train distributor reps how to sell your products
- Meet with producers in small groups to explain the science, application, and benefits of these products
- Meet with key dairy producers who influence the industry to sell your products.
- Manage customer care issues
Overnight travel is expected to be 4 nights per month or less. Compensation is base + incentive + car plan.
Location: Anywhere in Wisconsin dairy country.
TEN REASONS THIS IS A GREAT JOB FOR THE RIGHT PERSON
(1) Solid existing distributor team
(2) Product introduction - Lots of room to grow the business
(3) Excellent mix of science-based products with research to prove success
(4) Established company with much success in other markets
(5) Variety of tasks from farm calls to public speaking
(6) Report to Owner of Company
(7) Flexibility to manage your schedule and input on managing your territory
(8) Excellent income potential into deep into six figures
(9) Minimal overnight travel
(10) Products are superior to competition in research studies
The successful candidate will have a BS degree in agriculture or animal science, have 3+ years experience selling in the dairy, microbiological, seed or feed industry and have a track record of success. Necessary skills include an understanding of dairy farming and the dairy industry, the ability to plan work and execute the plan and manage priorities and customer concerns. Required traits include friendliness, perseverance, strong communication skills, empathy, being organized and possessing good follow up skills. Self-motivation is the key requirement for success in this role.
This position comes with a competitive base salary, a car allowance and a commission on sales growth. A retirement plan and an allowance for health benefits is provided.