Manage a growing territory in Magic and Treasure Valleys in Idaho selling technical products to feed mills, farm route sales companies and independent nutritionists. In this role you will spend most of your time developing new accounts and riding with sales reps and route drivers who service the dairy industry throughout dairy country in Idaho. You will train these reps how to sell your products, meet with producers in small groups to explain the science, application and benefits of these products and will meet with key dairy producers who influence the industry to sell your products. The rest of your time will be spent developing new accounts and managing customer care issues. Compensation is base + incentive + car plan.
Location: Anywhere in dairy country in Idaho (This job will be advertised multiple times with different locations in Idaho because location is flexible, there is only 1 job).
TEN REASONS THIS IS A GREAT JOB FOR THE RIGHT PERSON
(1) Solid existing customer base
(2) Lots of room to grow the business
(3) Excellent mix of science-based products with research to prove success
(4) Established company with established distributor in place
(5) Variety of tasks from working with dairymen, to selling nutritionists at feed companies to riding with drivers
(6) Report to Owner
(7) Flexibility to manage your schedule and in-put on managing your territory
(8) Excellent income potential into 6 figures
(9) Minimal overnight travel
(10) Products are superior to competition in research studies
The successful candidate will have a BS degree in a related field, have 4 years experience selling in the dairy, microbiological, seed or feed industry and have a track record of success. Necessary skills include an understanding of dairy farming and the dairy industry, the ability to plan work and execute the plan and manage priorities and customer concerns. Required traits include friendliness, perseverance, strong communication skills, empathy, being organized and possessing good follow up skills. Self-motivation is the key requirement for success in this role.
This position comes with a competitive base salary, a car allowance and a commission on sales growth. A retirement plan and an allowance for health benefits is provided.